Making the most of legacy and third-party data.
Your Idox solution is only as good as the data it contains, which is why we have a dedicated service for transferring data from your existing systems into your Idox database. Whether it's a first-time implementation or a later addition to your data, we'll ensure you achieve maximum visibility and control of it.
A smooth migration to a better way of working
Transferring your data is one of the most significant steps in any Idox module implementation, whether your authority is a new or existing Idox user. There are four steps to every data transfer:
- Data mapping – determining where your legacy data best fits in the Idox database
- Data extraction – extracting your data from legacy systems
- Data validation – restructuring your data in accordance with the mapping requirements, ensuring that fields contains the right kind of data, and checking that the relationships between records are correct
- Data upload – loading validated data into the appropriate tables and uploading it to your Idox system using scripts that we provide
Options to suit your circumstances
We've developed a range of options for data transfer projects, so that you can choose the one that's right for you:
- Client-led transfer – a straightforward and economical way to perform textual data transfers, with your staff undertaking most of the work using our validation software
- Idox-led transfer – ideal if you don't have the resource to create the required mapping information yourselves
- Idox-complete transfer – we carry out all steps in the process, including extraction and loading of data
Script-writing for all scenarios
You can call on our scripting service at any time after your Idox database has been populated if you need to, for example:
- Make bulk changes to your data.
- Update a previously transferred dataset with additionl data
Having agreed initial requirements with you, we'll write the scripts, test them and package them with details of how to run them. Running the scripts will usually be done by your own staff unless we have agreed to do this for you.